We are but four days from the return of electronic dance music marathon Electric Daisy Carnival to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Friday.
How big an undertaking is the three-day event?
Here’s a breakdown of EDC by the numbers:
- Total attendance in the first three years: 845,000 tickets sold (2011-2013)
- Total attendance in 2014: 400,000 tickets sold
- Total economic impact in the first three years: $621 million
- 2014 visitors coming from 40 countries and all 50 states
- Hours of EDC from Friday through Sunday: 31.5
- Number of DJs 2014: 182 plus 15 Discovery Project winners
- Total number of minutes of fireworks shows in the first three years: 108 minutes
- Largest stage at EDC: Kinetic Field, area holds 80,000 fans
- 1 million pounds of scaffolding used in the creation of 2013’s Kinetic Field
At EDC 2013:
- 15,120 pounds of paper confetti and 102 confetti blowers used
- Production crew size: 1,220
- Volunteers: 692
- 4.6 million pounds of steel
- 920,000 watts of speaker power
- 18,000 milliwatts of lasers
- 5.2 megawatts of electricity
Contact reporter Jason Bracelin at email@example.com or 702-383-0476. Follow @JasonBracelin on Twitter.