The Tropicana on the Strip’s new owners have completed a total reworking of the executive team that will oversee a redevelopment of the 52-year-old property.
The group was assembled by Alex Yemenidjian, the co-owner, chairman and chief executive officer of Tropicana Las Vegas Inc.
“A critical aspect of creating the new Tropicana Las Vegas is attracting extraordinarily talented people,” Yemenidjian said. “I feel very fortunate to have such a high performance team in place as I firmly believe that intellectual capital is the raw material from which success is made.”
The property is in the early stages of a $125 million redevelopment and remodeling.
The new team includes:
• Joanne Beckett, vice president and general counsel overseeing all legal aspects.
• Jerry Fox, vice president of finance and CFO.
• Arik Knowles, vice President of hotel operations.
• Don Wren, vice president of casino operations overseeing all aspects of table games and slot operations.
• Jim Laughlin, vice president of food and beverage.
• Todd Gagnon, vice president of sales.
• Trish Gilbert, vice president of marketing.
• Melissa Steinberg, vice president of player development.
• Grammy award-winner Nancy Gregory, vice president of entertainment.
• Fred Harmon, vice president of human resources overseeing the development, implementation and oversight of the overall employee culture, employee development and training, recruitment, and employee and labor relations.
• Richard Faircloth, vice president of information technology.
Contact reporter Arnold M. Knightly at email@example.com or 702-477-3893.