“How I Met Your Mother” turns 200 this week.
Episodes, not years. Although you could be forgiven for assuming that considering how long Barney and Robin’s wedding weekend has dragged on this season.
Even the addition of The Mother (Broadway actress Cristin Milioti) hasn’t injected much energy into a final season seemingly no one outside of CBS wanted.
This week’s episode (8 p.m. Monday, KLAS-TV, Channel 8) finally looks to rectify that by focusing almost solely on The Mother. But until the show’s writers find a way to make her interesting, here are 15 other possibilities from the series that would have made a better Mother:
3) Stella (Sarah Chalke)
4) Victoria (Ashley Williams)
5) Cindy, The Mother’s ex-roommate (Rachel Bilson)
6) Naomi, The Slutty Pumpkin (Katie Holmes)
7) Abby, the receptionist played by Planet Hollywood headliner Britney Spears
8) Honey, the naive beauty played by Katy Perry
9) Amy, the tattooed girl played by Mandy Moore
10) Rachel (Busy Phillips)
11) Trudy (Danica McKellar)
12) Blah Blah (Abigail Spencer)
13) Barney’s mom
14) Marshall’s mom
15) Heck, even Ted’s mom