Online users seeking employment via web interview were in for a shock of a lifetime when they encountered the “World’s Toughest Job.”
“Let me tell you a little bit about the job to get started with,” the employer said. “It’s not just a job. It’s sort of, probably the most important job. The title that we have going right now is Director of Operations, but it’s really kind of so much more than that.”
With the hopefuls’ interest successfully piqued, the employer continued to list the requirements of a Director of Operations:
1. Mobility - the ability to work while standing
2. High Stamina - constantly on your feet with great levels of energy
3. Work Schedule - 135 hours per week, to 24 hours - 7 days a week
4. Negotiation/Interpersonal Skills
5. Associate needs constant attention
6. Giving up one’s former life
7. Operating on little to zero sleep
8. Food - you may eat only after your associate has eaten
9. Breaks - none available
But here is the kicker:
“The position is going to pay absolutely nothing. Yeah, Pro Bono. Completely for free,” the employer said. “Billions of people hold this position right now.”
The applicants were stunned and viewed the position as “inhumane” and even “sick,” yet countless people hold this position. Can you guess what the “World’s Toughest Job” is?
Ask your mom.