Dunkin’ Donuts customer prevents carbon monoxide disaster during coffee break


CARLE PLACE, N.Y. — A Dunkin’ Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.

The tech’s detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.

The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.