Here are a few things in news, sports, entertainment and popular culture that we've been talking about lately.
• Gov. Jim Gibbons and wife Dawn reach a divorce settlement. He retains custody of the political baggage.
• The playoff-bound Indianapolis Colts bench their starters against the New York Jets and end a potentially perfect season. Winning isn't everything, it's what you do when it's convenient.
• Reality bimbo Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to a son. Forget the Mayan calendar, this is how it all ends.
• The R-J's Norm Clarke reports that a Las Vegas bar offers porn star karaoke. Least popular song: "Like a Virgin."
• Airport security nationwide is kicked up after a Christmas weekend bombing attempt. On the upside, it's only a matter of time before (woo-hoo!) clothing-optional flights begin.
JOHN PRZYBYS (email@example.com)