Cigarette blamed for Henderson house fire

A carelessly discarded cigarette caused a $100,000 house fire Wednesday, officials with the Henderson Fire Department said.

Fire officials said the blaze began about 3:30 p.m. at 2320 Caserta Court, in the Fountains subdivision near Green Valley Parkway and Robindale Road.

Fire officials said a homeowner arrived to find smoke detectors blaring and smoke throughout the house. After arriving, firefighters had the fire controlled within 15 minutes.

Nine people were displaced. The cause was determined to be accidental.


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.