Man arrested after teens ingest drugs in his home

A Mohave Valley man was arrested Friday after a teenager who took drugs at his home died, police said.

Two teenagers were hospitalized Sept. 21 after ingesting illegal drugs at Richard Allan Falstad’s home, the Mohave County Sheriff’s office said.

Falstad, 31, was jailed for two counts of child abuse and negligent homicide.

The sheriff’s office said a 14-year old boy was flown to University Medical Center where he spent several days on life support before he died earlier this week.

The 13-year-old boy who was hospitalized in Arizona “is fine” now, according to officials.

The office was unable to provide information about what drugs were ingested and whether Falstad willingly provided them to the teens.


Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.


Due to an increase in uncivil behavior and dialogue the Review-Journal has temporarily disabled the comment boards. The Review-Journal will use the time to evaluate the effectiveness of the comment boards and find an appropriate time to reintroduce them to