Updated 

Man hospitalized from fumes at North Las Vegas FedEx center


One man was take to the hospital after being overcome by fumes from an unidentified substance at the FedEx Ship Center in North Las Vegas Tuesday.

Crews from the North Las Vegas Fire Department responded to the facility near Cheyenne Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard shortly after noon and discovered a 50-gallon drum filled with an unknown liquid, fire officials said.

A hazardous materials team tested the liquid but have yet to identify it. The drum was sealed and prepared for a safe disposal.

Crews tested the air quality and deemed it safe for employees to return, officials said.

The condition of the man taken to the hospital is unknown,

Contact reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-4638. Follow him on Twitter @clochhead44.

 

Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.