Updated 

Man hospitalized from fumes at North Las Vegas FedEx center


One man was take to the hospital after being overcome by fumes from an unidentified substance at the FedEx Ship Center in North Las Vegas Tuesday.

Crews from the North Las Vegas Fire Department responded to the facility near Cheyenne Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard shortly after noon and discovered a 50-gallon drum filled with an unknown liquid, fire officials said.

A hazardous materials team tested the liquid but have yet to identify it. The drum was sealed and prepared for a safe disposal.

Crews tested the air quality and deemed it safe for employees to return, officials said.

The condition of the man taken to the hospital is unknown,

Contact reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-4638. Follow him on Twitter @clochhead44.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.