A bench trial for champion boxer Floyd Mayweather on a misdemeanor battery charge scheduled for Friday will be delayed, Clark County prosecutors said.
A new trial date is expected to be set Friday afternoon by Las Vegas Justice of Peace Melissa Saragosa.
Mayweather, 34, faces the charge in connection with a Nov. 15, 2010, incident involving a security guard at the ritzy Estates at Southern Highlands Golf Club Community over parking violations.
A Las Vegas police report showed guard Shayne Smith cited two Mayweather vehicles for parking violations.
A confrontation ensued and the boxer was verbally abusive and jabbed his finger into Smith's cheek, resulting in redness and discoloration on the left side of Smith's face, police said.
Last week, a justice of the peace found Mayweather not guilty of two counts of misdemeanor threatening over a separate incident over parking citations in the community.
Mayweather also faces a Dec. 21 preliminary hearing on felony charges, including coercion, grand larceny and robbery, in connection with a Sept. 9, 2010, incident with his three children and their mother, Josie Harris. He is free on $31,000 bail in that case.
Contact reporter Francis McCabe at email@example.com or 702-380-1039.