Updated 

Three men indicted in August beating at high school


Three 18-year-old men were indicted in connection with the August beating of three students at Canyon Springs High School, prosecutors said Friday.

Maurice Harvey, Katario Miller and Nicholas Johnson each face one count each of armed robbery, conspiracy, challenges to fight, and possession of a dangerous weapon on school property and three counts of battery with a deadly weapon.

The superseding indictment added Harvey to the case. Miller and Johnson were indicted last week.

Each of the victims was struck with a firearm at the North Las Vegas school on Aug. 23, according to the indictment.

School police said all of the victims attended the first day of school on Aug. 26. The high school is located near Craig Avenue and Interstate 15.

Records show that Harvey, Miller and Johnson are being held at the Clark County Detention Center.

An arraignment hearing was set for Oct. 2 before Judge Carolyn Ellsworth.

Contact reporter Francis McCabe at fmccabe@review journal.com or 702-380-1039.

 

Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.