Dog dies in Summerlin house fire


A house fire in Summerlin left five people displaced and one dog deceased Saturday night.

The Las Vegas Fire Department received a call just before 8 p.m. that the house occupants had arrived home and found smoke in the garage.

When firefighters arrived to the home on 1816 Glory Creek Drive, near Vegas and Buffalo drives, they found smoke coming from the garage and back of the two-story house. They found the fire in the kitchen and put it out in just a few minutes.

Firefighters found an unconscious dog in the house and were unable to revive it with CPR. The dog was the only occupant home when the fire started. The residents had left the home about an hour previous to the start of the fire.

There was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage in other parts of the house. Damage was estimated at about $60,000.

Investigators think the fire started on a kitchen cabinet, but couldn’t determine exactly where. The fire was ruled accidental.

Contact reporter Annalise Porter at aporter@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.