Updated 

Fire damages Las Vegas home as woman was moving in


A house fire near Torrey Pines Drive and Washington Avenue caused $100,000 in damage Thursday morning, according to the Las Vegas Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 400 N. Torrey Pines Drive at 7:40 a.m. after neighbors reported smoke coming from the home.

A woman was in the process of moving into the house when the fire began in the stove, according to Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski.

The fire gutted the kitchen and caused significant damage to the attic.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.

Contact reporter Steven Slivka at SSlivka@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.