The Clark County Fire Department responded to a house fire caused by discarded smoking materials Sunday morning near Jones Boulevard and Russell Boulevard.
At 8:30 a.m. firefighters received multiple 911 calls that a house was on fire, and they arrived to find a two-story home with dark smoke coming from the garage and attic vents.
The home’s residents were warned by smoke detectors and escaped without injuries.
A total of 24 firefighters responded and used multiple hose lines to bring the fire under control in seven minutes.
Two vehicles in the garage were damaged by the smoke, and fire officials estimate the total damage at $15,000.
Contact reporter Wesley Juhl at email@example.com and (702) 383-0381. Follow him on Twitter @WesJuhl.