Two cars were destroyed and a family was displaced following a Sunday afternoon garage fire in the north valley, the Las Vegas Fire Department said.
Firefighters were called to 6052 Crystal Cascade St. at 3:02 p.m., near North Decatur Boulevard and the 215 Beltway. When they arrived, firefighters found a two-story home’s garage in flames, the fire department said.
A “pop” preceded the flames when someone was doing mechanic work on one of the car’s electric fuel pump. Leaking gasoline contributed to the blaze, the fire department said.
The garage was gutted, but the flames did not extend to the home. The two adults and two children, who were displaced, were not injured, the fire department said.
Fire investigators were on the scene Sunday afternoon and the loss is estimated at $60,000.
Contact Ricardo Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @rickytwrites.