Students have returned to classes at Las Vegas Academy after the high school was evacuated because of an electrical odor Tuesday morning.
Subscribe to Fire & Rescue RSS feed
Fire & Rescue
After serving 22 years with the North Las Vegas Fire Department, Capt. Yaphet Miller died late Wednesday after collapsing in the line of duty.
National Fire Prevention Week is Oct. 9-15, and firefighters across the nation are trying to get the word out on how people can save themselves and their property from preventable fires.
Firefighters began working on a new wildfire near Mary Jane Falls on Mount Charleston about 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire damaged a backyard shed and an outside wall at a Las Vegas home Tuesday afternoon, but no one was injured, the Las Vegas Fire Department said.
A fire at an unoccupied house near North Sloan Lane and Stewart Avenue early Tuesday morning caused extensive damage.
Nobody was hurt early Monday morning after a clothes dryer in a laundry room caught fire at an apartment complex near South Valley View Boulevard and West Desert Inn Road.
U.S. Forest Service firefighters have contained a small wildfire that started Thursday morning near Mary Jane Falls in Mount Charleston.
An unattended candle started a fire in a Henderson home Monday morning that displaced two people.
A fire fanned by strong winds kept Las Vegas Fire Department crews busy early Friday morning at Twin Lakes Plaza in the central valley.