Grease fire prompts evacuation at McDonald’s inside Wal-Mart

A McDonald’s inside a northeast valley Wal-Mart was evacuated Tuesday morning after a grease fire at the restaurant, a county fire official said.

Firefighters were called about 10:30 a.m. to the store at 4350 N. Nellis Blvd., between Craig Road and Las Vegas Boulevard, Clark County Deputy Fire Chief Jon Klassen said. The restaurant was filled with light smoke, and no one was hurt.

The McDonald’s will likely be closed for the rest of the day or until the health department approves its reopening, Klassen said.

Contact reporter Kimber Laux at klaux@reviewjournal.com or at 702-383-0391.


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.