Fire at Commercial Center causes $500,000 in damages


A fire at a central valley strip mall early Thursday morning damaged several businesses and caused a half million dollars in damage.

Authorities said the fire began about 4:30 a.m. at the Commercial Center shopping complex at 953 Sahara Ave., near Maryland Parkway. More than 70 Clark County firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze by 6 a.m.

No injuries were reported. The damage estimate was more than $500,000, officials said.

Contact reporter Mike Blasky at mblasky@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0283.

 

Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.