Man burned in apartment fire in central valley

A man received burns to his head and arms during a kitchen fire at a central valley apartment Saturday night, the Las Vegas Fire Department said Sunday.

The fire occurred at 10:53 p.m. at 2740 E. Bonanza Road, near Eastern Avenue.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw a man hanging out his second-floor window. The man was rescued and transported to University Medical Center for first- and second-degree burns.

A neighbor suffered smoke inhalation attempting to enter the burning apartment, the fire department said. He was also treated at UMC.

The accidental fire was caused when one of the electrical burners on the stove was left on with a pan of food on it. The fire caused $15,000 in damage.

Contact reporter Antonio Planas at or 702-383-4638.


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.