Woman hospitalized with smoke inhalation in blaze


A woman was hospitalized after an apartment fire in the east valley Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responded to the woman's apartment at 3900 Perry St., near Flamingo Road and Nellis Boulevard, about 1:40 a.m. Authorities said a fire had started on the top of a stove and moved to the wall and kitchen cabinets.

Clark County firefighters forced their way into the home through a window and found the woman collapsed on the floor. She was taken to Desert Springs Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.

A sprinkler in the apartment contained the fire and probably saved the woman's life, authorities said.

The fire caused about $5,000 in damage. No one else was injured in the blaze.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.