The Paris attacks that killed at least 129 people in Paris continued to prompt raids and arrests in Europe and airstrikes in Syria on Monday. They've also spurred pledges of support from around the globe, while skepticism of Syrian refugees is sprouting in several American states.
Many nations also find themselves at heightened terror alerts after ISIS released a video promising more attacks and the CIA director said Paris wasn't likely a "one-off event."
Three teams of terrorists staged coordinated attacks at six locations throughout Paris late Friday, including a concert hall, the Stade de France and at least two restaurants, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said. At least 352 people were wounded in the attacks, 99 of them seriously.
Seven terrorists were killed, one fewer than ISIS said were involved, Molins said.
Here is what we know so far from officials and local news reports:
— Secretary of State John Kerry has landed in Paris to meet with French officials and families, State Department spokesman John Kirby said.
— Belgian officials said earlier Monday that five of the seven people detained over the weekend were released by a judge. The two still detained are under arrest for "attempted terrorism and participation in the activities of a terrorist group," the country's federal prosecutor said.
— Mohammed Abdeslam, the brother of suspects Salah and Ibrahim Abdeslam, was among the five people released. He told CNN affiliate BFMTV that his parents are in shock and "do not realize yet what has happened. My family and I are affected by what happened. We found out by TV just like many of you. We did not think for a moment that one of our brothers was related to these attacks." (Ibrahim Abdeslam was a suicide bomber at one of the cafes, and Salah Abdeslam, remains at large, police say.)
— UEFA, European soccer's governing body, said the Euro 2016 tournament will "go ahead as scheduled" in France.
— French President Francois Hollande and Kerry will meet Tuesday morning in Paris, according to a schedule released by Elysee Palace.
— Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has written President Barack Obama to say his state will not accept any refugees from Syria. Other states, including Indiana, Wisconsin, Alabama, Ohio, Mississippi, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Massachusetts and Arkansas, have made similar moves. Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad has asked the federal government to remain transparent with any resettlements. New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is urging the federal government to stop accepting Syrian refugees for the time being.
— The State Department said it is taking the governors' concerns seriously, but it remains "steadfastly committed" to bringing in 10,000 refugees next year, spokesman Mark Toner said.
— Spokespersons for the Delaware, Pennsylvania and Vermont governors say those states will continue accepting Syria's refugees.
— U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan said he has asked the Obama administration to provide a classified briefing for all House members on the situation in Paris.
— CIA Director John Brennan said he would not consider the Paris attacks a "one-off event," and added, "I would anticipate this is not the only operation that (ISIS) has in the pipeline."
— The Paris attacks were planned in Syria and organized in Belgium, Hollande said. Six of the Paris attackers spent time in Syria, according to CNN affiliate BFMTV in France.
— Suspect Salah Abdeslam was stopped near the Belgian border by French police shortly after the Paris attacks Friday night, but he was not a suspect at that time and was let go, sources told CNN.
— Two cars -- a black Seat, and a black Volkswagen Polo registered in Belgium -- appear to have been used in the Paris attacks. The Polo was rented by Salah Abdeslam, who was in a different vehicle when he was intercepted at the Belgian border, and the Seat was found in the eastern Paris suburb of Montreuil with three Kalashnikov automatic rifles inside, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.
— One of the attackers from the Bataclan massacre has been identified as Samy Amimour, 28, of Drancy, the Paris prosecutor's office announced. He had been the subject of an international arrest warrant since 2013, the office said.
— Twenty-three people are in custody and weapons, including a rocket launcher, and IT equipment have been seized after more than 150 police anti-terror raids were carried out in cities across France since Friday, said French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, who has ordered 104 people be put under house arrest.
— Two of the dead attackers were identified as Ismael Omar Mostefai, 29, and Bilal Hafdi, 19 or 20. Some of Mostefai's and Amimour's relatives have been detained, a common practice in France. The relatives haven't been charged.
— Mostefai entered Turkey legally in 2013, a Turkish official said. The following year, France provided four names of terror suspects, and a subsequent investigation revealed Mostefai was associated with that group, the official said. In December 2014 and in June, Turkey requested more information on Mostefai, but France did not respond, the official said. There is no record of Mostefai leaving Turkey, the official said.
The scene in Paris
— The U.S. and France will "bolster" their intelligence sharing, to the fullest extent of the law, Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said.
— Hollande addressed a joint session of the French Parliament — only the third time a president has done so since 1848 — and said he would seek to add 5,000 positions to the country's paramilitary police force.
— Hollande declared a state of emergency across France, which lets authorities limit people's movements and impose zones of security and protection. Hollande would like to see his country's state of emergency in place for three months, and he proposed measures that would allow France to deport suspected terrorists or strip them of their citizenship, even if they were born in the country, he said.
— The French government announced tightened border controls, put the gendarmerie paramilitary police on heightened alert and ordered 1,500 military troops to join already increased security forces. France intends to continue airstrikes against ISIS in Syria, and the arrival of aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle will triple the country's ability to carry out those strikes, Hollande said.
Repercussions around the globe
— London's Metropolitan Police will be increasing the number of officers on patrol at Tuesday's England vs. France soccer match at Wembley Stadium.
— The FBI and Department of Homeland Security said there is "no credible threat to the United States." The statement came in response to a purported ISIS video in which a fighter says the terror organization will "strike America in its own stronghold in Washington."
— Cazeneuve said "war" had been declared on France, and warned that "anybody who attacks the Republic, the Republic will fight back." The French air force carried out bombing missions over Raqqa Sunday and Monday against strategic ISIS targets.
— Around the world, Obama pledged solidarity with France, Pope Francis condemned the killings, British Prime Minister David Cameron convened a meeting of the emergency response committee, Russian leader Vladimir Putin sent condolences to France, The Netherlands increased border security and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel "stands shoulder to shoulder to France."