Updated 

Northwest Las Vegas man arrested after fire in bathtub


A man was arrested on a charge of first-degree arson after a fire in a bathtub in the northwest valley Monday morning, fire investigators said.

Las Vegas police responded to a domestic disturbance call in the 7800 block of Sparkle Avenue near Westcliff and Buffalo drives at 12:43 a.m. and found smoke coming from an upstairs bathroom.

Joeshawn Sterling, 25, was charged with one count of first degree arson after police said he took cardboard and other wooden items and set them on fire in the bathtub.

Six people, including two children were in the home at the time of the fire, police said. No one was injured.

Contact reporter Steven Slivka at sslivka@reviewjournal.com. Follow @StevenSlivka on Twitter.

 

Rules for posting comments

Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum. Read our guidelines for posting. If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon next to the comment.