Painter suffers burns in west valley fire


A painter was hospitalized after suffering burns in a fire at the Queensridge Homeowners Association clubhouse Wednesday morning.

The flash fire started after fumes from the spray paint inside the clubhouse were ignited by a pilot light inside a nearby natural gas fireplace in the clubhouse, fire officials said.

Firefighters responded to the clubhouse at 851 Palace Court, near Charleston Boulevard and Hualapai Way, about 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, but the fire had already been extinguished by overhead automatic fire sprinklers, officials said.

The painter suffered non-life threatening burns to his arms and hands. Because the worker was wearing a respirator, which prevents painters from inhaling fumes, he did not breathe in any superheated air, according to officials.

Damage was estimated at $5,000. The fire was ruled accidental by fire investigators.

Contact reporter Colton Lochhead at clochhead@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-4638. Follow @ColtonLochhead on Twitter.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.