Three injured in house fire


A woman suffered second-degree burns and two other people were injured after cooking on a pan led to a house fire Friday morning near Jones Boulevard and Vegas Drive, the Las Vegas Fire Department said.

The fire department said the blaze at 5817 Edrene Ave., occurred about 10:32 a.m. and was knocked down by 11 a.m. The fire caused about $80,000 in damage.

A woman suffered second-degree burns to her hands, arms and face. A toddler suffered smoke inhalation while a man received minor burns.

The toddler and woman were treated at the University Medical Center, the fire department said.

Fire officials said the blaze started on a stove. The woman grabbed the toddler and ran out of the house with the assistance of two family members.

The fire was ruled accidental.

Contact reporter Antonio Planas at aplanas@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-4638.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.