Health officials are recommending several steps to prevent the spread of the virus:
• If you have mild flu symptoms, stay home from work or school to avoid spreading the disease. Do not return until two days after your symptoms are gone.
• Wash your hands often and cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
• If you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, go to the hospital.
• Masks may be recommended for health care workers, family members and others who come in contact with swine flu patients, but there is no need for the public to wear masks.
• It is safe to eat properly handled pork. Cook it to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.