(BPT) - For most all of us, springtime can’t come soon enough. Following a brutal winter with severe temps and record snowfall nationwide, people are more anxious than ever to enjoy the first days of spring outdoors.
To help get your lawn ready for use and enjoyment this season, the Craftsman brand has developed the following tips to ensure that your lawn kicks grass, takes names and becomes the envy of neighbors everywhere.
* Fertilize: Lawns wake up hungry in the spring. Feeding your lawn in the spring strengthens roots and gets it ready for growing season. A well-fed lawn means a better root system to combat weeds early, as well as heat, cold and drought.
* Remove debris: Leftover sticks and leaves from the fall and winter months don’t only look unpleasant, but they deprive the grass of oxygen and sunlight.
* Don’t mow too low: It’s imperative to fix your mower at an elevated setting so that the grass can grow to about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. This technique results in fewer summertime weeds and healthier, greener looking grass.
* Don’t overwork: For larger yards, lawn maintenance all season long can be a cumbersome experience. To get the job done with exceptional speed, consider the Craftsman 22HP 42-in. Turn Tight (TM) Fast Riding Mower. This not only has a 6-inch turning radius, but can also reach speeds of up to 7.5 mph. To conquer large lawns with rugged terrain and thick grass, consider the powerful new Craftsman G7400 Pro Series Mower, available at sears.com and Sears Hometown stores nationwide. This riding mower boasts Turn Tight (TM) technology, the ability to reach 7.5 mph and is equipped with a reinforced deck with electric lift, automatic transmission, quick blade change and more.
* Keep it quiet: To avoid disturbing your neighbors and to protect your hearing, consider using the new Craftsman Quiet Front Wheel Drive Lawn Mower. This new lawn mower (also offered in an all-wheel drive model) is equipped with the Briggs & Stratton's Quiet Power Technology (TM) Engine and is 65 percent quieter than a similar Toro lawn mower model (20371). It is so quiet that you can talk to your neighbors and hear your kids while the motor is still running.
* Let it breathe: Aerating – or poking small holes in your lawn – is a great way to improve oxygen circulation and nutrient penetration. Consider ventilating your lawn with spiked shoes or the Craftsman 36-inch Spike Aerator that works with all brands of riding lawn mowers and tractors.
With these six tips, your lawn will be in good shape for the growing season and will take top honors for the best-looking lawn in the neighborhood. For more information about recommended Craftsman lawn and garden products, visit www.craftsman.com or Sears stores nationwide. To receive exclusive Craftsman deals, gain access to members-only projects, get expert tips and learn about the latest tool innovations from the brand, don’t forget to sign up for Craftsman Club, supported by SHOP YOUR WAY (TM). Shop Your Way points can be redeemed for purchases at Sears and Kmart.