MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Quaker State 400
Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, Ky.
4:30 p.m. today, TNT (18); race starts at 4:45
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Kentucky ’12*
1. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 2nd 1st 3rd 6th No 2013 wins on 1½-mile tracks, but had fastest 10-consecutive-lap average in Practice 2
2. Kasey Kahne 8/1 20th 12th 21st 2nd Has runner-up finishes on three of four 1½-mile tracks that have race upon in 2013
3. Kyle Busch 6/1 6th 3rd 4th 10th Won inaugural Kentucky race in 2011; also has Nationwide, Truck and ARCA wins here
4. Kevin Harvick 12/1 1st 23rd 22nd 11th Poor practice in race trim, but using chassis that won Coca-Cola 600 in same conditions
5. Carl Edwards 12/1 18th 2nd 2nd 20th Best finish fifth in 2011; two top-five finishes on 1½ tracks in 2013; new chassis this week
6. Greg Biffle 20/1 17th 19th 20th 21st Finished 21st in both starts; not great in practice, but using second-place Pocono chassis
7. Brad Keseloswki 12/1 3rd 17th 8th 1st Averaged fourth-place finish in two starts; second-fastest 10-lap average in Practice 2
8. Jeff Gordon 15/1 5th 4th 12th 5th Top-10 finishes in both starts; had perhaps best combined practice sessions of season
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 15/1 22nd 6th 1st 4th Looked good in qualifying trim, but should be almost as good as Hendrick teammates
10. Joey Logano 30/1 16th 18th 11th 22nd Three-time Nationwide winner here; should be comparable to Keselowski during race
* Results from Quaker State 400 on June 30, 2012. This will be the third Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway.
Odds courtesy of LVH
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more of Roberts’ insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow him on Twitter: @MicahRoberts7.