MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Toyota Owners 400
At Richmond International Raceway, Richmond, Va.
3:30 p.m. today, Fox (5); race starts at 4:16 p.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Phoenix ‘14*Richmond ‘13**
1. Joey Logano12/1 17th4th 4th 22nd
Career-best third last spring; fastest 10 consecutive lap average in final practice; new chassis
2. Kevin Harvick6/1 5th7th1st11th
Three-time winner, including last spring; 11.3 average finish; new chassis this week
3. Brad Keselowski7/12nd 38th 3rd17th
Natural progression from Phoenix and good Practice 1 Friday indicate a strong run; new chassis
4. Kyle Busch6/121st 20th9th19th
Four-time winner, the last in 2012; second fastest 10-consecutive-lap average in final practice
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.15/1 13th 3rd2nd 13th
Three-time winner; fastest 10-consecutive-lap average in Practice 1; using Phoenix chassis
6. Kasey Kahne15/1 4th5th11th 14th
2005 winner; had best set of practices of season, strong average speeds; using Phoenix chassis
7. Jimmie Johnson7/110th8th 6th40th
Three wins, none since 2008; hungrier than ever without win thus far; using Phoenix chassis
8. Clint Bowyer15/13rd 25th 13th 25th
Two-time winner; second fastest 10-consecutive-lap average in Practice 1; using Phoenix chassis
9. Kyle Larson20/1 1st9th 20thDNP
After two top-five finishes by the 21 year-old rookie, there is no more skepticism about his potential
10. Carl Edwards15/116th6th 8th 1st
Won the fall race last season, 10th or better in seven of past eight; using winning Bristol chassis
Note: Qualifying canceled because of rain. Starting lineup to be based on Practice 1 results.
* Results from March 2, 2014, Phoenix race is a good barometer on the similar flat track at Richmond. Since 2002, there have been eight seasons in which a driver won at both tracks.
** Results from Sept. 7, 2013, Richmond race, the last Cup race run there
Odds courtesy of LVH
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports book director in Las Vegas, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1995. For more post-practice analysis, visit the Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.