MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Cheez-It 355 at The Glen
Watkins Glen International road course; Watkins Glen, N.Y.
10 a.m. today, ESPN (30); race starts at 10:15 a.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualifying 2013 Sonoma*
1. Marcos Ambrose 4/1 2nd 17th 1st 7th
Won both races past two seasons; in five career starts, has 2.0 average finish
2. Martin Truex Jr. 20/1 1st 19th 3rd 1st
13.7 average finish in seven career starts, with best finish of fourth in 2011
3. Kyle Busch 7/1 6th 7th 5th 35th
2008 winner, when he swept road course season; ninth or better in past seven starts
4. Brad Keselowski 10/1 9th 5th 8th 21st
Runner-up to Ambrose past two seasons; using backup chassis from Sonoma
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 13th 12th 28th 2nd
Four-time winner, last in 2001, with record nine road course wins
6. Carl Edwards 30/1 3rd 1st 16th 3rd
9.4 average finish in eight career starts; has developed into good road racer
7. Juan Pablo Montoya 7/1 4th 4th 11th 34th
2010 winner; lone two career Sprint Cup wins have come on road courses
8. Clint Bowyer 18/1 8th 3rd 2nd 5th
Career-best finish of fourth last season; won first road race last season at Sonoma
9. Kurt Busch 7/1 11th 10th 13th 4th
2010 runner-up, his only top-five finish in 12 starts; won at Sonoma in 2011
10. Jimmie Johnson 8/1 16th 6th 18th 9th
Tied career-best third-place finish last season; won lone road race at Sonoma in 2010
* Results from the June 9 Toyota/Save Mart at Sonoma (Calif.) Raceway, the first of two road course races each season.
Odds courtesy of the LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1985. For more of Roberts’ insight on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow him on Twitter: @MicahRoberts7.