MICAH ROBERTS’ SPRINT CUP DRIVER RATINGS
Camping World RV Sales 301
New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, N.H.
10 a.m. today, TNT (18); race starts at 10:16
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Denny Hamlin 5/1 3rd 7th 8th 12th Two-time winner, including last fall when he guaranteed a win; his best type of track
2. Clint Bowyer 8/1 10th 20th 4th 4th Two-time winner; one of best drivers on flat tracks; using runner-up Martinsville chassis
3. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 7th 43rd 6th 5th Three-time winner; failed post-qualifying inspection but will make his way to front
4. Kasey Kahne 10/1 12th 8th 13th 9th Won this race last season; fares well on flat tracks; using winning chassis from Bristol
5. Tony Stewart 15/1 23rd 16th 21st 17th Three-time winner; using strong chassis from Richmond that experienced some bad luck
6. Kyle Busch 10/1 2nd 4th 3rd 13th 2005 winner with 16.7 average finish; had perhaps best practices of all drivers
7. Jeff Gordon 8/1 6th 5th 12th 6th Three-time winner with average finish position of 10.5; super strong in practices
8. Ryan Newman 30/1 19th 15th 26th 25th Three-time winner with average finish position of 12.7; using Martinsville chassis
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 12/1 5th 3rd 18th 2nd Finished fourth in this race last season; using 10th-place chassis from Richmond
10. Kevin Harvick 12/1 21st 18th 19th 22nd Two-time winner; using same chassis he used to win on similar track at Richmond
NOTE: Results from flat tracks at Phoenix and Richmond are best references for New Hampshire.
Odds courtesy of LVH
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports book director in Las Vegas, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1995. For more post-practice analysis, visit The Linemakers on Sporting News.com or follow @MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.