While home owners were away, dog started kitchen fire


LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.

The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.

Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.