Just in time for Earth Day, a Las Vegas hotel has been named one of the best green hotels in the nation.
Users of TripAdvisor ranked Aria Sky Suites the seventh-best hotel in the U.S. among those who are part of TripAdvisor’s GreenLeaders program, which highlights environmentally friendly hotels.
Aria has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on the site, with 454 reviews. TripAdvisor singled out Aria for balancing the eco-friendly with the indulgent: The hotel offers complimentary airport transportation via a stretch limo fleet powered by compressed natural gas.
The environmental emphasis is “one of the finest things about Aria,” one reviewer noted. “They have a huge emphasis on recycling and are a LEED Certified site.”
The $8.5 billion CityCenter development, of which Aria is the centerpiece, received gold Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certifications in 2009. Aria and Vdara, also part of CityCenter, are the two largest hotels to have received LEED gold certification and make up about 70 percent of CityCenter’s 18 million square feet.
Here’s the full top 10:
1. Bardessono, Yountville, Calif.
2. Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Ore.
3. Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, N.C.
4. Sleep Inn & Suites, Miles City, Mont.
5. Montage Deer Valley, Park City, Utah
6. Cedar Glen Lodge, Lake Tahoe, Calif.
7. ARIA Sky Suites, Las Vegas
8. The Lenox Hotel, Boston
9. Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, Miami, Fla.
10. Holiday Inn Express Inverness, Lecanto, Fla.