In Your Neighborhood
- The Henderson Symphony Orchestra is slated to play “Variations on Sukura Sukura” by Gene Pritsker, “Riverrun” by Toru Takemitsu and “Petrushka” by Igor Stravinsky at 8 p.m. Jan. 31 at the Henderson Convention Center, 200 S. Water St. Admission is free, but donations of $10 per person are suggested. Visit hsorch.org.
- Sawyer Brown is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 15 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $19.50. Visit themresort.com.
- The M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South, plans a comedy night at 9 p.m. Jan. 31 featuring Geechy Guy, Mike Simpson, Nick Guerra and Phil the Filipino. Admission is free with a two-drink minimum. Visit themresort.com.
- Comedian Rob Schneider is slated to perform at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30-Feb. 1 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets range from $35 to $45. Visit southpointcasino.com.
- The Created Equal: America’s Civil Rights Struggle series is slated to continue with free screenings of the films “Slavery by Another Name” at 10 a.m. Feb. 1 and “The Abolitionists” at 10 a.m. Feb. 8 at the Green Valley Library, 2797 N. Green Valley Parkway. Visit mypubliclibrary.org.
Worth a Drive
- The George Gee Orchestra featuring vocalist John Dokes plans to perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 1 in the Suncoast Showroom, 9090 Alta Drive. For that night only, the showroom will feature dance floor space from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $15.95, plus tax and fees, and the event is general admission. Visit suncoastcasino.com.
- “Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion,” a hands-on exhibition of 40 machines built based on drawings by Leonardo da Vinci, is set to be on display through May 4 at the Origen Museum at the Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd. The exhibition is included with admission to the preserve. Visit springspreserve.org or call 702-822-7700.
- The Brass Roots Quintet is scheduled to perform a free concert at 2 p.m. Feb. 1 at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. Visit artslasvegas.org or call 702-229-6383.
- “Flashdance — The Musical” is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 28-31 and at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 1 and 2 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. Tickets are $34 to $37. Visit thesmithcenter.com or call 702-749-2012.
- Jersey Boys conductor Keith Thompson is set to host the “Composers Showcase of Las Vegas” at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 29 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. Tickets are $20. Visit thesmithcenter.com.
- A performance of “Picasso at the Lapin Agile” is scheduled at 8 p.m. Feb. 1, 7 and 8 at the Onyx Theatre, 953-16B E. Sahara Ave. The play, written by Steve Martin, features an imagined 1904 meeting between Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso before either achieved fame. Tickets are $20. Visit onyxtheatre.com or call 702-732-7225.
- Kristen Hertzenberg is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 1 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. Tickets are $25. Visit thesmithcenter.com or call 702-749-2012.
- Ward 5 Bluegrass in the Park featuring local bluegrass and acoustic bands is scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 2 at Lorenzi Park, 3333 W. Washington Ave. Visit lasvegasnevada.gov/ward5 or call 702-229-5443.
- Elvis Monroe is scheduled to perform Americana pop and rock hits Jan. 30 in Rocks Lounge at Red Rock Resort, 11011 W. Charleston Blvd., for guests 21 or older. Doors are set to open at 8 p.m. Admission is free. Visit redrock.sclv.com.
- A reception for the art exhibit “A Western Dependence: Painting and Prints” by Suzanne Hackett-Morgan is planned from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 31 at the Sahara West Library, 9600 W. Sahara Ave. Hackett-Morgan’s paintings and prints focus on closed roadside attractions and other evidence of abandonment to the Southwest desert. The exhibit is set to be on display through March 1. Call 702-507-3630.
The city of Henderson is scheduled to present a Dive in Movie Night at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 7 at the Heritage Park Aquatic Complex, 310 S. Racetrack Road. The event features a G- or PG-rated film at the indoor pool. Admission is $1 to $2. Call 702-267-4000.
The TCB Jazz Trio is scheduled to perform from 5 to 8 p.m. Feb. 23 at E-String Bar and Grill, 2031 W. Sunset Road. Tickets are $10, and registration is required. Call 702-453-8451.
Sawyer Brown is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 15 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $19.50. Visit themresort.com.
More than 100 baskets constructed by the Las Vegas Paiute, Moapa Paiute, Chemehuevi, Shoshone and Panamint communities are set to be on display Feb. 7-May 31 for the Tribal Treasures: Regional Baskets and their Collectors exhibit in the Heritage Gallery at the Clark County Museum, 1830 S. Boulder Highway. Visit clarkcountynv.gov. The TCB Jazz Trio is scheduled to perform from 5 to 8 p.m. Feb. 23 at E-String Bar and Grill, 2031 W. Sunset Road. Tickets are $10, and registration is required. Call 702-453-8451.