The unrest on the Las Vegas Strip over Labor Day weekend could have long-term consequences.
Fights along Las Vegas’ tourist corridor over the weekend have caused some casino operators to increase both security measures and room rates.
Rossi Ralenkotter, former CEO of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, had been facing two felony charges, theft and misconduct of a public officer.
The Mandalay Bay digital sign went dark for about four minutes around 10 p.m. on October 1, 2018 and came back to display “#VegasStronger” for at least 30 minutes. Some Las Vegas shooting survivors expected more, however.
Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling says, “For every bad story you heard there are three stories about the humanity of Las Vegas.”
An increased number of security guards stood by the elevator bank Monday.
A criminal complaint accuses Danny Roy Salazar of burglarizing the Rio, Westgate and Caesars Palace between Jan. 13 and June 8 and stealing an assortment of items, including mattresses, televisions, “prototype auto electronics,” beauty products, furniture, light fixtures, an iPad and a photo booth.
The Venetian employees shot at a company picnic Sunday had worked at the hotel-casino since its 1999 opening and were “part of the fabric” of the property, according to its operator.
The Las Vegas Victims’ Fund will complete its payouts this month.
Speaking Tuesday at the annual National Association of Broadcasters convention, Assistant Sheriff Charles Hank said the Metropolitan Police Department wants to avoid future miscommunication like the changing timeline for how the Oct. 1 shooting unfolded.