A stretch of Interstate 15 is among the first highway portions to be federally designated an interstate highway electric vehicle corridor.
Good news for motorists, despite seeing an increase in walk-in customers at state Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle offices during the last few months of last year, wait times dropped.
Northbound lanes of Interstate 15 reopened Thursday afternoon after a roughly 20-hour closure caused by an officer-involved shooting of a person of interest in a California murder.
The crash was reported at 11:32 a.m., the Regional Transportation Commission posted on Twitter. All lanes had reopened by 1 p.m.
With 65 fatal crashes and 70 deaths, the Nevada Highway Patrol said there is “no time for celebration,” in a statement Thursday.
The scenic drive and visitors center at Red Rock Canyon won’t open until 9 a.m. Friday, officials said.
The Nevada Highway Patrol has been dispatched on nearly 400 calls for wrong-way drivers in Southern Nevada so far this year, according to the agency.
The bridge is part of the larger $73 million Centennial Bowl interchange project that broke ground in January.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office identified one of two people killed in Thursday night’s wrong-way crash on I-15 south of Las Vegas, but did not specify which vehicle he was in.
Nothing says a holiday is over for motorists traveling between Las Vegas and Southern California like a miles-long traffic jam.