Seniors can get rebates for tax, rent

Beginning Feb. 1, seniors needing assistance to pay property tax or rent can apply for help through the Clark County assessor’s office.

The Senior Citizens Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is offered annually by the state to people 62 or older whose annual household income was $28,677 or less during the preceding calendar year. That amount includes Social Security.

Seniors must provide a copy of their Social Security 1099 form, proof of any additional income and a copy of their 2009 IRS return, if they file.

The program applies to anyone who meets the age, residency and income requirements regardless of whether the person owns or rents, including manufactured homes and lots. The amount of assistance depends on household income and taxes or rent paid.

Applicants must be a resident of Clark County for at least six months of the previous year, have less than $150,000 in liquid assets, have a homeowners assessed value less than $200,000 and must be 62 years old by June 30 of the year applied.

First-time applicants must provide proof of age. Renters must supply copies of rent receipts for 2009.

For more information or an application form call 702-455-3882. The application deadline is April 30.

News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
You May Like

You May Like