A fire that caused $150,000 in damage and displaced a family of five in the southwest valley Tuesday night started after a teenager played with fireworks in the home, Clark County officials said.
Clark County firefighters responded to the blaze at a two-story home at 10437 Mulvaney Circle, near Cactus Avenue and Interstate 15. The fire was knocked down by 7:18 p.m.
Fire officials deemed the blaze accidental and attributed it to “careless misuse of fireworks.”
Flames damaged the second floor and roof of the home.
County officials said it was the first fire in their jurisdiction caused by fireworks. The Fourth of July holiday is deemed the busiest day of the year for local firefighters.
Contact reporter Antonio Planas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-4638.