A Bravo executive said Friday that the cable channel “is not shooting or casting” for its “Real Housewives” franchise in Las Vegas or Arizona.
“It is not true and we have no association to either project,” said Andy Cohen, Bravo’s executive vice president of Original Programming and Development.
He addressed the recent reports, posted on this site, and in Arizona, on his Twitter site.
Vegas Confidential reported on April 15, quoting longtime Las Vegas talent agent Jaki Baskow, that she and veteran entertainment producer Rick Garson, and others were handling casting for a untitled show involving local housewives.
The April 16 auditions were filmed for a “sizzle reel,” which is used to identify interesting characters for networks.
Wives of NFL players were auditioned in Arizona last week, in a similar concept.
Non-disclosure agreements prohibit involved parties from discussing the project but sources close to the situation said a major Las Vegas reality show involving an A-list producer will be shopped.
Once word started circulating that auditions were being held for “housewives and high-end entrepreneurial women,” many of the invitees contacted were under the impression the project was for the Bravo series.
A local report surfaced in January linking Bravo with the long-rumored “Real Housewives of Las Vegas” project.
Las Vegas celebrity blogger Robin Leach, citing an unnamed producer as his source, wrote in January that casting agents for the production company “signed to deliver” a 10-week reality TV series on “The Real Housewives of Las Vegas.”
In reporting Cohen’s comments Friday, Leach made no mention of his January report.
–NORM CLARKE, Vegas Confidential