Does wassail make you wail? Eggnog put you on edge? Glogg make you gag? Not to worry; Las Vegas mixologists have been as busy as Santa’s elves, creating all sorts of joys for all the grown-up girls and boys. Here are the top five to cross our radar this season:
1. Have a holly jolly holiday with the Happy Hollytini at Trevi at The Forum Shops at Caesars. It’s vanilla vodka with peppermint schnapps and Bailey’s Irish Cream, swirled with white chocolate and rimmed with crushed candy cane, $9.
2. The Truffle Martini at Strip House at Planet Hollywood, which makes it easy to celebrate the truffle and holiday seasons at the same time, is Stolichnaya Elit with olives stuffed with black truffle and blue cheese, $15.
3. You can find your Winter Bliss at Double Barrel Roadhouse at the Monte Carlo; it’s a mixture of Zaya Rum, Bulleit, ginger syrup, lemon and milk, garnished with cinnamon and clove sprinkles, $14.
4. Have your tiramisu and drink it, too, with the Tiramisu cocktail at Lavo at Palazzo. It combines Amaretto di Saronno, white cream de cocoa, Kahlua, mascarpone and heavy cream and is topped with cocoa powder, just like the original, $14.
5. Feeling more naughty than nice? Chai Me Up, Santa at Cabo Wabo Cantina at the Miracle Mile Shops at Plant Hollywood is a blend of hot chai, Chila ‘Orchata cinnamon cream rum, Frangelico and Fireball, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, $12.
Contact reporter Heidi Knapp Rinella at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0474.