Leno hasn’t spoken to O’Brien
In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Jay Leno said he hasn’t spoken to Conan O’Brien during “The Tonight Show” debacle, adding that “it didn’t seem appropriate” to speak to him. Leno is scheduled to return to the show on March 1, after NBC unseated O’Brien and moved Leno back to the program. Leno’s interview is scheduled to air on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” today.
Haiti benefit CD hits No. 1
With a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 chart, “Hope for Haiti Now” is the first digital-only album to claim the top spot. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the album featuring performances from last week’s charity telethon sold 171,000 units over the weekend. Among those featured are U2, Beyonce and Madonna. Organizers said the telethon, which attracted more than 80 million viewers, has raised $57 million.
Douglas’ son pleads guilty
Actor Michael Douglas’ 31-year-old son Cameron pleaded guilty Wednesday to dealing methamphetamine and cocaine. Prosecutors said he has signed a plea agreement, but no details were provided. Along with conspiracy to distribute drugs, Douglas pleaded guilty to heroin possession. He faces a minimum 10-year prison term when he is sentenced April 27. He was arrested July 28 in a Drug Enforcement Administration probe.
Compiled from wire reports by Melissa Sullivan