IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Lake Mead Christian Academy’s production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella,” the school’s seventh annual Spring Musical is set for April 24-26. The cast of 30 from sixth-12th grade is set to perform at 7 p.m. April 24-26 and at 2 p.m. April 26 at the 540 E Lake Mead Parkway school. This year many of the dresses were donated by local dress shops and completely redesigned by volunteers. Tickets start at $10. Visit lmca.org.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada plans to host a Sneaker Ball at 6 p.m. May 2 at the M Resort, 12300 Las Vegas Blvd. South. The event is set to include silent and live auctions, dinner and special guest Rick Reilly. Tickets start at $200. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Gabe Suarez at 702-253-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit bgclv.org/events.
- The Henderson Historical Society plans to host its third Henderson Speaks event from 6 to 9 p.m. April 26 at the Gibson Library, 100 W. Lake Mead Drive. The free lecture panel recalls events in the town’s history and plans to feature presenters Duane Laubach from the real estate industry, John “Jack” Jeffrey, former Henderson city councilman and Nevada assemblyman; Colleen McGinty, former office manager for the Clark County School District; and Robert Groesbeck, former Henderson mayor. A Name That Photo segment also is planned with historic photos of Henderson. Visit hendersonhistoricalsociety.org.
- Tony Orlando is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. April 25-27 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $45. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- The Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve, 350 E. Galleria Drive, is scheduled to host its annual Birding Celebration from 8 a.m. to noon April 26 in celebration of Earth Day and International Migratory Bird Day. Admission is free. Visit cityofhenderson.com.
- More than 100 baskets constructed by the Las Vegas Paiute, Moapa Paiute, Chemehuevi, Shoshone and Panamint communities are set to be on display through May 31 for the Tribal Treasures: Regional Baskets and Their Collectors exhibit in the Heritage Gallery at the Clark County Museum, 1830 S. Boulder Highway. Visit clarkcountynv.gov.
WORTH A DRIVE
- A Club Heads 4 Garden Beds golf tournament is planned for May 31 at the Silverstone Golf Club, 8600 Cupp Drive. Registration costs $125 for individual golfers and $450 for teams of four. Proceeds are set to benefit the garden at Desert Oasis High School, 6600 W. Erie Ave. Visit tinyurl.com/lfomcl9 or call Jennifer Davis at 702-799-6881.
- The Clark County Children’s Festival is planned for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 26 at the Winchester Cultural Center, 3130 S. McLeod Drive. Refreshments, vendors, a rock climbing wall, pony rides, performances and art and fitness activities are planned. Admission for shows and most activities is free. Visit clarkcountynv.gov or call 702-455-7340.
- The Las Vegas Philharmonic is set to perform “Love Around the World” at 7:30 p.m. April 26 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. Tickets start at $25. Visit lvphil.org/concert_schedule/index.php.
- Performances of “Ozma of Oz” are scheduled for April 25-May 4 at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. Performances are set for 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. Tickets start at $5. Visit artslasvegas.org or call 702-229-6553.
- Communities In Schools of Nevada and After-School All-Stars Las Vegas plan to host a weekend of summer entertainment, Splashdown For Kids, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 26 and 27 at Wet ‘n’ Wild, 7055 S. Fort Apache Road. All proceeds will benefit the two education-focused nonprofits. Pre-sale tickets are $20 at wetnwildlasvegas.com. Tickets at the door are $35. Children 2 or younger will be admitted free. For one-day tickets, use the promo code CISASASday.
- The Temptations are set to perform at 8 p.m. April 26 and 27 at The Orleans, 4500 W. Tropicana Ave. Tickets start at $35. Visit orleanscasino.com/entertain.
- The Las Vegas Elks Helldorado Days Art Show is planned for April 28 through May 4 at the Elks Lodge, 4100 W. Charleston Blvd. The art show preview is set for noon to 5 p.m. through May 3, and the auction and reception is set for 2 p.m. May 4. All profits are scheduled to be donated to local charities. Visit elkshelldorado.com.
- HELP of Southern Nevada plans a Passport to Paradise event from 7 to 10 p.m. April 25 at the Rio, 3700 W. Flamingo Road. The event is set to include food, music and a silent auction. Tickets are $200. Contact Abby Quinn at email@example.com or 702-836-2130.
- Comedian Jerry Lewis is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 30 and June 1 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $45. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- The Coyote Under the Stars & Stripes benefit for Randy Couture’s Xtreme G.I. Foundation is scheduled for 6 p.m. May 30 at Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road. Tickets start at $39. Proceeds are scheduled to benefit veterans. Visit sunsetstation.sclv.com.
- Chris D’Elia is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 2-4 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $20. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Gary Puckett and Union Gap are set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 9-11 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $25. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Bank of America customers are set to receive free entry May 3 and 4 to the Discovery Children’s Museum, 360 Promenade Place, the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, 900 Las Vegas Blvd. North, or the Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd. Admission is offered through the bank’s Museums on Us program, which allows Bank of America customers free access to select museums on the first weekend of every month. Participants must show their U.S. Trust, Merrill Lynch or Bank of America debit or credit card to receive free admission. Visit museums.bankofamerica.com.
- Dat Phan is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 16-18 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $15. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- Comedian Ralphie May is set to perform at 7:30 p.m. May 23-25 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets start at $40. Visit southpointcasino.com/entertainment.
- New Vista plans wine walks hosted by Southern Wine & Spirits and Lee’s Discount Liquor from 7 to 10 p.m. May 31, Sept. 6 and Oct. 25 at The Village at Lake Las Vegas. Participants can sample up to 20 wines at the event. Tickets are $25. Visit newvistanv.org.
- Galaxy Green Valley Luxury + movie theater, 4500 E Sunset Road, plans a classics series. Films scheduled include “Babe,” June 22; “The Breakfast Club,” Aug. 24; “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Oct. 19; and “Home Alone,” Dec. 7. Tickets are $7 or $15 for two tickets and a large popcorn. Visit galaxytheaters.com.
Share Your News
Send information about upcoming Henderson/Anthem community events to firstname.lastname@example.org.