• Meet a Designer: Guy Bedarida, creative director at John Hardy, will be making a personal appearance today from 1 to 3 p.m. at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Show mall.
• Opening the Trunk: Saks Fifth Avenue at Fashion Show mall is holding a trunk show with Magaschoni Fashions from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday in Salon Z. The event includes champagne and strawberries, live music and informal modeling.
• On the Runway: Metropark will be showing its latest attire on the runway in the Great Hall at Fashion Show mall today through Sunday. Fashion shows run every hour on the hour from noon to 6 p.m.
• Fashion for Charity: Saks Fifth Avenue at Fashion Show mall is showcasing the Best of Spring fashions at the annual Las Vegas Philharmonic gala held at the Venetian tonight. The event, “An Evening of Elegance and Style,” will include a runway fashion show of A-list designers including Yves Saint Laurent, Moschino, Chloe, Akris, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana and more. The evening begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction. Dinner will be served at 7:30 p.m. followed by Saks Fifth Avenue’s fashion presentation. This year’s honorees for the gala are Kevin and Diana Orrock and the Howard Hughes Corp. Tickets are $500, which will benefit the Las Vegas Philharmonic. For tickets, call the Las Vegas Philharmonic at 702-258-5438.
• Girl’s Best Friend: Millions of dollars worth of beautiful and unusual diamonds will be showcased Saturday at Jared The Galleria of Jewelry in the Best in the West shopping center at 2100 W. Rainbow Blvd. The collection is comprised of hundreds of dazzling diamonds from one-fifth to 20 carats. Jared guests will see an enhanced assortment of the Leo Diamond, the exclusive Peerless Diamond plus a selection of internally flawless diamonds. Diamond aficionados will also have the opportunity to view and purchase from an assortment of diamonds seldom seen outside a museum, including natural fancy color yellow, natural fancy color pink and natural fancy color brown diamonds. One lucky guest will win a pair of 1-carat weight Leo Diamond earrings set in platinum and valued at $3,699. In addition, with any diamond purchase from this collection, guests will receive a complimentary pair of toasting flutes from Marquis by Waterford from the Yours Truly Collection in a decorative gift box. For more information, call 1-800-431-4393 or visit jared.com.
• Sip and Swim: Tommy Bahama at Town Square will be holding a Sip & Swim event from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday. Receive a complimentary swimwear consultation and sip on Millionaire Mojitos made with Tommy Bahama Rum.
• Watch Out: Oceanaut Watches will be holding a trunk show from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at Nordstrom at Fashion Show mall. Founder and owner Frances Blair will be there to answer all your questions.
• The Women’s Event: Macy’s at Fashion Show mall will be holding its Macy Woman Fashion Event from 1 to 4 p.m. April 26 in the Macy Woman department, Level 2. See a fashion show in the Great Hall and find out about the best trends and hottest looks for the modern Macy Woman. After the show, receive 20 percent off of Macy Woman merchandise. The event includes live music, light refreshments and complimentary color analysis. Plus, shoppers who spend $100 or more will receive a goodie bag featuring gifts from top designers while supplies last.
• Get Comfy: Macy’s at Fashion Show mall will be holding a Comfort Your Sole event from 2 to 5 p.m. April 26 in Women’s Shoes, Level 1. Macy’s will show the newest comfort shoes from Gentle Souls, Asgi, Geox, Tsubo, Merrell,
Born and Ecco. The event includes live music, informal modeling and complimentary massages. Shoppers who spend $100 or more on comfort shoes from participating designers at the event will receive a $20 Macy’s gift card while supplies last.
• Bridal Bonanza: Couture Bride presents a bridal fashion show at the Four Seasons on May 4 for the Best of Event. Designer gowns from Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera, Oscar de la Renta and more will be featured. Future brides will also enjoy expert consulting from Couture Bride, BLR Life Photography & Cinema, Annabelle’s All Occasions, Harbor Lights, Destinations by Design and Four Seasons Catering & Event Managers. Lunch and cocktails will be served. Tickets are $50, sold through Apr. 30. Log onto thebestofevent.com for more information.
• Brush Away Winter Skin: Canyon Ranch SpaClub at the Venetian can help wake up the winter-weary body and spirit with a variety of seasonal services, many of them featuring the innovative line of Body Coffee spa products. The seasonal services include the Wake Up to Spring Cocoon, featuring a green coffee detox body wrap and an application of energizing body oil; the Hello, Spring! Conditioning Body Scrub, an invigorating body polish and application of coffee blossom essence body lotion; the Primavera Massage, a massage for spring; and the Spring Blossoms Facial, which sloughs off the wear and tear of winter and encourages skin to retain its own natural moisture. Nevada residents receive a 10 percent discount off any Canyon Ranch SpaClub service. For more information and to book an appointment, call 702-414-3610 or 1-877-220-2688.
• Be a Model: As part of the year-long celebration, Shirley of Hollywood has launched Shirley’s Sexy Model Search to discover its next model star in both a missy and plus-size. Two winning models will be featured in the 2009 catalog and win a trip to Hollywood. For more information or to enter, visit shirleyofhollywood.com/modelsearch/.
To list your store openings and events, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for entries is Monday at 5 p.m., one week before the next issue. Please include full listings information: name of your store, name of collection where applicable, physical address and contact phone number. No phone calls, please.