• Opening the Trunk: See the latest collection from Glam Rock during a trunk show at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Show mall today. On Monday, Issey Miyake and Haat will show its latest styles in Designer Sportswear. On Tuesday, Versace will show its latest couture styles. On Wednesday, all eyes are on Pucci for a spring couture trunk show. Thursday brings a viewing of the latest collection from Di Modolo in Precious Jewels Salon, as well as a chance to see the latest collection from Ippolita in Designer Jewelry. Also, see the latest styles from Oliver Peoples in Designer Accessories.
• On the Runway: Dillard’s will be holding its kids’ Easter show on the runway at Fashion Show mall today through Sunday. Fashion shows run every hour on the hour from noon to 6 p.m.
• Donate for Prom: Jessica McClintock at Fashion Show mall is accepting gently used dresses through March 29 for Las Vegas Prom Closet, a nonprofit organization that provides complimentary dresses and accessories for local teens who would otherwise not be able to purchase new clothing for prom. In exchange for donating a gently used dress, Jessica McClintock is offering a 15 percent discount on any new dress purchase.
• Now Open: The Palazzo’s own Prosecco, a new high-end accessories boutique, makes its debut in the Shoppes at the Palazzo. The chic boutique carries an extensive assortment of high-fashion jewelry, evening bags, day handbags and sunglasses by acclaimed designers from around the globe. The 1,900-square- foot store showcases a variety of designer brands including David Yurman, John Hardy, Judith Leiber, Nancy Gonzalez, Valentino, VBH, Larisa Barrera, Carlos Falchi, Kotur and Jane August. Additionally, Prosecco will carry exclusive, hand-crafted Stephen Dweck one-of-a-kind jewelry designed from a mixture of unique stones collected from all over the world to create original signature pieces. For more information, call 702-607-3956.
• Locals Discount: JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa has designed a 20 percent discount program for guests on spa treatments excluding waxing at Aquae Sulis Spa. This discount is available Sundays through Thursdays through Sept. 15 and is only valid on treatments.
• Opening Soon: Ilori, a luxury retail store dedicated to sunglasses that showcase niche and designer brands including the hard-to-find and rare, will open March 28 at Fashion Show mall. The boutique carries sunglasses and accessories from brands such as Beausoleil, Bvlgari, Chanel and Hogan. The store was designed by Craig Nealy, an architect who designed stores for Louis Vuitton and Vera Wang.
• Fashion and Food: Wynn Las Vegas welcomes you to the Esplanade for the Feast On Fashion event from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 28 and from 1 to 4 p.m. March 29. Indulge your taste buds as you feast on the latest spring fashions from Manolo Blahnik, Shoe In, Outfit, Black Satin and Bags Belts and Baubles. Enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres as you mingle with fashion experts from the United States and Europe.
• In-Store: Shoe designer Donald J. Pliner will host two 20-minute fashion shows from 11 to 11:20 a.m. and from noon to 12:20 p.m. March 28 at the Forum Shops at Caesars. Pliner also will be in-store from noon to 6 p.m. Proceeds from the event will be donated to The Public Education Foundation.
• We Love Men: At 6 p.m. April 2, Saks Fifth Avenue at Fashion Show mall will celebrate its fifth annual Vegas Dozen 2008: The Men We Love and Why We Love Them. Twelve men from various backgrounds and professions who exemplify great personal and professional commitment to the community will be honored with the Vegas Dozen Award. The event will benefit the Nevada Cancer Institute. The honorees’ wardrobe will be provided by Saks Fifth Avenue from Armani Collezione, Dolce & Gabbana, Hugo Boss, Canali, Ermenegildo Zegna and Z Zegna. Tickets are $100 per person to attend the fund- raiser. You may RSVP online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 702-821-0044.
To list your store openings and events, contact us at email@example.com. Deadline for entries is Monday at 5 p.m., one week before the next issue. Please include full listings information: name of your store, name of collection where applicable, physical address and contact phone number. No phone calls, please.