• Summer Reads: Now through Labor Day, customers can visit Kiehl’s at the Forum Shops at Caesars, drop off a well-read favorite book and pick up a new title. Customers who purchase Kiehl’s sun preparation products will also receive a limited edition “Safer Fun in the Sun” bookmark to further remind them of the importance of sun protection.
• Modeling Contest: Want a shot at a modeling career? House of Shoes in Las Vegas is holding its 2008 Model Contest now through Aug. 23. The winner will get a role in the retailer’s advertising campaign in September. Four finalists will be selected by the House Of Shoes staff and will be announced on Aug. 15. Final judging will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 23 at the Silverado Ranch House of Shoes.
• Sunglasses in the Trunk: Top designer brands CK, Fendi, Sean Jean, Maui Jim and Karl Lagerfeld will be showcasing the latest styles in prescription frames and sunglasses from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 17 at the Vision Source Summerlin/Lakes office located at 8937 W. Sahara Ave., Suite A. The designer brands will have representatives on hand to assist women and men in finding the perfect pair of frames. Customers who make a purchase at the event receive free single vision lenses. Customers who select an alternate lens will receive a credit toward their purchase equal to the value of a single vision lens. For more information, call 254-3558.
• Nordstrom Beauty: From July 18 through Aug. 3, shoppers can pick up Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Beauty Exclusive items. But those anxious to ensure they get the products they want can pre-order now at nordstrom.com. More than 100 beauty brands are participating, including MAC, Chanel, Juicy Couture, NARS, Kiehl’s, Laura Mercier, Marc Jacobs, Dior, Bobbi Brown and Philosophy.
• Cool Off: Take a break from the heat with a facial from Shu Uemura during its spa event from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and tomorrow at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Show mall.get listed
To list your store openings and events, contact us at email@example.com. Deadline for entries is Monday at 5 p.m., one week before the next issue. Please include full listings information: name of your store, name of collection where applicable, physical address and contact phone number. No phone calls, please.