Here are a few things in news, entertainment and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately.
* Analysts say a decline in men’s underwear sales can be an indicator of continuing recession. Another indicator: If Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke starts parading around in something frilly from Victoria’s Secret, be very worried because he just doesn’t care anymore.
* A Las Vegas oddsmaker makes Donny Osmond a 4-to-1 favorite to win “Dancing with the Stars.” Meanwhile, odds are 2-to-1 that the average “Dancing with the Stars” viewer won’t recognize half of these “stars.”
* The Internet turns 40. And to think that, just 40 years ago, not one of us knew even a single Nigerian prince.
* A Mojave Desert date farmer uses castoff clothing from a Pahrump thrift store to protect his crop from birds. Like an entire plantation of “I’m With Stupid” T-shirts and M.C. Hammer parachute pants.
* Former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss and partner Kendra Rossi, a porn star, take over a Las Vegas dog grooming business. Not that much of a career change, really …
JOHN PRZYBYS (firstname.lastname@example.org)