Here are a few things from news, entertainment, sports and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately.
• A linebacker with the Tampa Breeze of the Lingerie Football League sues her ex-boyfriend for allegedly posting nude photos of her. And a whole new kind of fantasy football league is born.
• The Smurfette Collection, a line of cosmetics based on the cartoon character, includes “mood swing lip gloss” that turns varying shades of “Smurf-berry Pink” depending upon the wearer’s emotional state. Not like the bright red lipstick that hussy Strawberry Shortcake always wears.
• The R-J’s Norm Clarke reports that the lousy economy has brought record numbers of strippers to Las Vegas. Finally, an economic index we’re interested in following.
• A study indicates that teenagers who take abstinence pledges not only are as likely to have premarital sex as those who don’t, but are less likely to use condoms and birth control when they do. The condition is called “adolescence” and, like it or not, it’s incurable.
• The Detroit Lions become the NFL’s first-ever 0-16 team. The fans’ cheer — “Blow it again, blow it again, harder, harder …” — probably didn’t help.
By JOHN PRZYBYS (email@example.com)