Here are a few of the things in news, sports, entertainment and popular culture we’ve been talking about lately:
* Barbie doll-maker Mattel wins a copyright suit against the manufacturers of the competing Bratz line. Silly, because they’re nothing alike: Barbie is the trophy wife you take to the high school reunion and Bratz are the women you take home when the bar closes
and never tell anyone about.
* John McCain picks Sarah Palin , Alaska governor and former Wasilla, Alaska mayor, as his running mate. The senior class president of Wasilla High was already committed to a gig at Burger King.
* “X-Files” actor David Duchovny announces that he’s in rehab for sex addiction. The truth is out there and it’s icky.
* “The West Wing” creator Aaron Sorkin says he’s working on a movie about the invention of Facebook. For the first time in cinematic history, the cliche “with a cast of thousands” actually will be true.
* New “Dancing with the Stars” cast member Kim Kardashian hurts her foot. Luckily, her foot has nothing to do with why she’s famous. Now, if she had hurt her butt …
By JOHN PRZYBYS (email@example.com).