Here are a few of the things in news, entertainment, sports and popular culture that we’ve been talking about lately:
* Radar Web site photographs Olympian Michael Phelps caressing bunny butt at Las Vegas’ Playboy Club. Join the rest of the U.S. and make your own “breaststroke” joke.
* O.J. Simpson’s latest trial begins in Las Vegas. A referendum for some future ballot: A law prohibiting Simpson, Pacman Jones and any other pro football player, past or present, from ever again stepping foot inside the Clark County limits.
* Las Vegas-based pro golfer Natalie Gulbis reportedly will appear on Donald Trump’s “The Apprentice.” This hardly seems like the smartest way to investigate a possible post-golf career.
* “Star Trek: The Experience” closes at the Las Vegas Hilton. So depressing, like Scotty must have felt when he was retrieved from the transporter in that episode of … oh, never mind.
* The biggest controversy at MTV’s Video Music Awards revolves around the Jonas Brothers’ purity rings. And MTV officially becomes your creepy older cousin who doesn’t realize he’s no longer “hep.”
By JOHN PRZYBYS (firstname.lastname@example.org)