ad-fullscreen
section-ads_high_impact_1

Henderson barbecue fire displaces 2, causes $100K in damage

An accidental fire caused by an outdoor barbecue on Friday in Henderson displaced two people and caused about $100,000 worth of damage, according to the Henderson Fire Department.

The Fire Department responded to a fire about 1 p.m. on the 700 block of North Parawan Street, near East Lake Mead Parkway and East Athens Avenue.

Heavy smoke and flames came from a three-story, single-family residence. Firefighters extinguished the fire in the backyard.

The fire was reported by an off-duty firefighter who observed the smoke coming from the residence.

A camper and boat in the backyard were damaged, as well as an exterior wall and overhang.

No injuries were reported, but two adults were displaced.

Contact Dana Rutkin at drutkin@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Follow @danadrutkin on Twitter.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
high_impact_5
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like