Barbecue causes Summerlin house fire

A house fire in Summerlin caused $100,000 in damages Sunday afternoon.

Las Vegas firefighters responded around 4:40 p.m. Sunday to 12279 Pacific Cruise Avenue near Alta and Desert Foothills drives to calls that a house was on fire. Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the two-story house. Inside, fire had gutted a downstairs great room and there was heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house. The damage is estimated at $100,000.

Firefighters brought the fire under control in eight minutes.

The home’s occupants told Las Vegas Fire investigators that they had just finished cooking on a large propane barbecue on the back patio outside a set of great-room doors. They heard the barbecue pop. Then, a large stream of flame shot from the cabinet where the propane tank is stored and into the great room.

The flame caught drapes around the rear door and a couch lit on fire. Quickly the room became engulfed.

Two adults live in the house displaced by the fire and escaped without injury, but a pet cat died.

The incident is under investigation.

Contact Jessica Terrones at jterrones@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0391. Find her on Twitter: @JessATerrones

ad-high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like